Last Updated on July 15, 2022 by Gardens Home Management Services
Swimming pool enclosures can prevent unwanted visitors from swimming in the pool of your vacation home and keeps it cleaner. Here are some pros and cons of adding a pool enclosure to your home.
What Is a Pool Screen Enclosure or Pool Cage?
A pool screen enclosure is a barrier around indoor swimming pools or outdoor pools. They can keep unwanted pests and animals out of your pool but also offer protection against harsh elements. The weather in South Florida can be unpredictable at times but a pool enclosure or pool cage can help to keep your pool spotless.
Benefits of a Pool Enclosure
- Comfort: A pool enclosure provides a shady area for relaxation and comfort. You can throw pool parties in the warm Florida sun and stay protected against UV rays. It is also a great way to get some much-needed rest by the pool without worrying about the weather outside.
- Safety: Harmful UV rays can cause a lot of issues down the line, including skin cancer. A pool enclosure protects you and your family. Apart from the sun, you may have toddlers or children who tend to run around. A closed pool cage can keep them within eyesight so they won’t end up running away and hurting themselves.
- Maintenance: Nobody has the time to constantly clean a pool. A pool enclosure eliminates the time spent on cleaning up dirt, leaves, and other unwanted items from your pool. It can also help to eliminate algae and harmful chemicals in your pool.
- Increases property value: A pool enclosure is aesthetically pleasing and increases the value of your property. It will make your entire home look sophisticated and comfortable, giving you an upper hand if you want to sell your home in the future.
Disadvantages of a Pool Cage
- It can be costly: Although it is a good investment for your property, the initial price can be quite high. Be prepared to splurge. You will have to shop around for the best value for your money.
- It can take up space: A pool cage can take up a lot of space in your backyard or property. Depending on your landscape, you might need to make space or cut down a few trees to fit the enclosure.
- Cold water: Pool enclosures keep a lot of sunlight out so your water can get quite cold. Luckily, the Florida weather does not get too cold but if you need warmer water, you might have to consider a pool heater. Winter can make the pool water quite cold especially if there.
Maintenance Considerations of Your Enclosed Pool at Your South Florida Vacation Home
Even though a pool enclosure can help you to keep unwanted items, dirt, and pests out of your pool, your pool still requires maintenance. For example, if you rely on pool heaters, you will need to ensure maintenance is done to keep them functional. Your pool filters need to be kept clean regardless of what enclosure you use. You also need to wash the entire enclosure to keep it clean. It may take time if you have no help.
Benefits Of Gardens Home Management Services To Maintain And Clean Your Enclosed Pool As Part Of Our Home Watch Services
Gardens Home Management Services offers full pool cleaning and maintenance services when you are away from home. You don’t have to stress about your pool enclosure or pool ever again as we provide a comprehensive cleaning and maintenance service. Our team will check the chlorine level of your pool water and your heater. We will also assist with landscaping maintenance.
Got a swimming pool or pool enclosure? Contact us today for assistance with the maintenance of your pool and pool enclosure!