Last Updated on July 29, 2019 by Gardens Home Management Services
With the dreaded hurricane season only a few weeks away, all South Florida residents need to start preparing. Don’t let your home go unprotected this hurricane season. Below are a few tips to keep in mind when choosing a home management company to help you and your home weather the storm.
- Confirm that the company is licensed, bonded and insured
- Work with a company that will be in the area during the storm.
- Sign an agreement with a company that can install, put up, close, and take down all hurricane shutters in a timely manner. The company should also be responsible for ensuring that all furniture and plants that could become airborne during a storm will be stored in a safe location.
- Choose a home management company that works with insured contractors in the event of a catastrophe.
- Inquire about communication during the storm, i.e. will you receive photo updates of your property and email alerts.
- Work with a home management company that is there for you and your home before, during and after the storm.
Preparing for a hurricane is a major undertaking, surviving the storm is a challenge, and cleaning up after the storm can be a hassle to say the least. Choose the right home management company this hurricane season and you can rest assured that your home will be taken care of.
Gardens Home Management Services is the premiere home management company in the Palm Beach Gardens region of South Florida. Our company meets all of the requirements listed above through our customized approach to home management.