Last Updated on August 9, 2019 by Gardens Home Management Services
To make sure your boat is prepared:
- Plan where your boat will be in the event of a storm.
- If you plan to move it, make sure your vessel is in good running order, is fueled, and batteries are charged.
- Coordinate mooring plans with the boat owners around you.
- Find out from the Dock Master what the marinas hurricane plans are, so you can plan accordingly.
To make sure your pet is prepared:
- Pets are not allowed in evacuation centers and shelters. Only animals such as seeing eye dogs are permitted.
- If you live in an evacuation zone and plan to go where your pet will not be welcome, make arrangements for a safe place for your pet prior to a hurricane.
- Call your veterinarian to find out where you can board your pet if a hurricane threatens.
- Contact hotels and motels in non-evacuation areas to see if they will allow you and your pet to stay with them during a storm.
- Make sure you have supplies for your pets for two weeks.