Last Updated on January 11, 2023 by Gardens Home Management Services
Home maintenance is often ignored, because, let’s face it, it’s a pain in the neck. Often, money is short and spent on anything other than maintenance costs, when in reality, maintaining your home works out cheaper than emergency repair work. You should think about maintaining your home for the same reason you maintain your car – you want it to be safe, reliable and pleasurable to be in.
There are some scary statistics out there for injuries and deaths occurring in the home, with the top reasons being:
- Fires caused by dryers.
- Garage door related injuries.
- Fires due to problems with smoke alarms, sprinklers or fire extinguishers.
- Electrical fires caused by faulty wiring, circuit breakers, fuses and meters.
- Heating equipment malfunctions.
Here are eight good reasons to focus on home maintenance:
- It will protect the value of your investment.
- It reduces health and safety risks to your family and guests.
- It improves your home’s appearance and appeal.
- It maximizes your sales potential.
- You can save money on utility bills (leaking taps, damaged fridge seals).
- You can extend the life of home components, equipment and systems.
- It ensures everything works as it should, as per warranties.
- It saves you time – straightforward maintenance repairs are quick and simple, compared to complicated or emergency repairs which develop if ignored.
Regular check-ups of your home are rather like having a check-up with your doctor. Preventing emergencies is the best outcome, especially if your home in Palm Beach is not used on a permanent basis.
Gardens Home Management offer an extensive range of maintenance services
To keep your home in tip top condition, you may want to consider using the services of this company. From HomeWatch, a complete security and maintenance program, to services such as landscaping, pool maintenance, pest control, handyman services and hurricane protection, you are unlikely to need much more. Using only licensed, bonded and insured contractors, the team can take care of any maintenance or repair work that needs doing – no job is too big or too small for this dedicated and experienced team. Contact them today or the next time you are in town to schedule a maintenance inspection.